I think about doing this often, so I figured today is the best day to start... Because alliteration.
Throughout the day I'm going to tune into the things I'm thankful for. I always feel very blessed and have no real complaints about my life, but I also notice that I get very caught up in the goings-on or stresses of work, traffic, and time constraints in general. (Even though I'm good at it, I hate having to be on time!)
So it's time to look at portions of my day with a different perspective and see the POSITIVITY in as much as possible.
If you happen to do the same today, please share!
This morning I am thankful for:
- My alarm clock because it woke me up to get ready for a job I really do enjoy. It's not always easy to wake up for work, but hey! You woke up! So that's exciting. A lot of people won't be doing that today. And gee, work can't be that bad because it lets you have a roof over your head, food on the table, and maybe a fun trip or two throughout the year.
- A husband who sometimes holds my hand while we sleep and wakes up early to juice some beets and apples to start his day. Ok I may embarrass him here, but this morning I woke up more in love with my husband because of both of these things so it can't be that bad, huh? ;) I'm thankful that my other half cares about his health because neither of us want to be those middle-aged married people who just "let themselves go." We want to stay attractive to each other and live a long, vibrant life full of activities (and sometimes pizza).
- Thankful for the rain because it makes me slow down and relax. I usually feel guilty for relaxing but it's raining, so what else am I supposed to do? ;)
- Also the rain is helping my flowers and tomatoes grow, which I'm blessed to have decorating the yard around my house. Mother Nature definitely needs to take over since I am horrible at keeping plants alive. Thanks, nature!
- Thankful for an unselfish spouse who will do me huge favors at a moment's notice, after a long day at work when I'm 100% positive all he wants to do is go home and watch NFL Network.
- Thankful for a sweet furbaby who is still excited to see his parents after an exceptionally long time home alone while we are at work. And thankful that he doesn't tear anything up or go potty in the house while we are gone.